At its work session on Tuesday the Kodiak City Council will review proposed sites for the new fire hall.
The current fire station is below the tsunami inundation area. In fact, there used to be a plaque marking the high water line from the 1964 tsunami outside the old police station which was located next door.
Several of the spots are likely to be thrown out of contention because they are below the tsunami line.
Here is the list of options that are included in the council’s work session packet.
- 219 Lower Mill Bay Road, which is where the current fire hall is located.
- 170 Von Scheele Way
- 1950 and 1918 Mill Bay Road
- Mill Bay Road and Powell Avenue
- Mill Bay Road and Center Street
- Mill Bay Road and Benny Benson Drive
- East Rezanof Drive and Egan Way
Here is link to City Council work session packet. Fire hall information begins on page 13.