In this newscast:
- Kodiak City Council advanced to public hearing a controversial ordinance which would allow sales of edible marijuana products.
- Kodiak City Mayor and City Council remember Dr. Bob Johnson and Coach Joe Floyd, who died within the last month.
- Endangered Cook Inlet beluga whales are continuing to drop in number and scientists aren’t certain why.
- Private sector barges have benefitted from the near shutdown of the Alaska Marine Highway System, but it’s costing state and private citizens a lot more to ship vehicles.
- The Anchorage Assembly is trying to figure out what to do with thousands of racially discriminatory covenants — now illegal — that remain on the deeds of thousands homes across the city.
All that, plus Fish Radio, the Island Messenger community bulletin and Island Byways. Fish Radio is provided by Laine Welch at alaskafishradio.com and Byways is produced by KMXT’S Pam Foreman.