In this newscast:
- Residents voice concerns about town bears at last night’s Kodiak Island Borough Assembly meeting,
- Kodiak Chamber of Commerce to hold annual Coast Guard Appreciation Dinner tonight,
- Dean Gribble recounts what happened the events of the F/V Scandies Rose sinking on New Year’s Eve (Note: this story includes intense descriptions of the sinking which may upset some listeners. To skip this story, jump ahead to 12:45 in the newscast recording.)
- All four boys found huddled in the snow near Nunam Iqua have been reunited with their family
- Five people are dead following a Yute Commuter Service plane crash near Tuntuliak,
- An Arctic policy expert told state lawmakers that Alaska will be at the front line of Arctic Ocean resources
All that, plus Alaska Fish Radio, provided by Laine Welch, and Byways, provided by KMXT’s Pam Foreman.