In this newscast:
- The second “Blob” marine heat wave may have disappeared, but Alaska scientists warn, things aren’t back to normal yet.
- Several cruise ships canceled stops in Kodiak this summer amid the spread of the coronavirus.
- Alaska State Legislature honors Kodiak’s Dr. Bob Johnson with a memorial citation.
- Towns in Southeast Alaska are struggling without ferries. One issue in particular is the question of how to handle sanitation.
- A three-line bill would prohibit the state from selling, transferring or disposing of a state ferry without express approval by lawmakers.
- Pebble Partnership is proposing to offset its impact on wetlands by repairing sewer systems in three communities close to the mine site.
All that, plus Fish Radio and the Island Messenger community bulletin. Fish Radio is provided by Laine Welch at alaskafishradio.com.