In this newscast:
- The Alutiiq Museum is preparing to help people digitize their photos of Alutiiq life and people. If you have old family photos, or even more recent ones, the museum would like to see them. They will digitize photos to preserve them and make them easier to share. And, with your permission, they will include some in the Museum’s photo archive.
- The Sitka Sac Roe Herring Fishery is not expected to open this year because of weak markets and smaller-than-average fish.
- Anchorage Schools cancelled all school-sponsored international travel in March and April due to concerns over the spread of coronavirus.
- Alaska Airlines says it will allow passengers to change or cancel travel reservations through March 12 because of concerns of coronavirus, and to receive a full credit good for up to one year.
- University of Alaska President Jim Johnsen announced this week that the university is proposing to delete, suspend, or revise more than two dozen academic programs in order to make up for budget shortfalls.
All that, plus Fish Radio, the Island Messenger community bulletin and Island Byways. Fish Radio is provided by Laine Welch at alaskafishradio.com and Byways is produced by KMXT’S Pam Foreman.