In this newscast:
- ComFish Alaska 2020 is rescheduled to Sept. 17-19 due to coronavirus concerns.
- Kodiak City Council meets tonight at 7:30. Will consider online sales tax and edible marijuana sales in city.
- The Kodiak Island Borough School District released students early on Wednesday, and again Thursday so staff and teachers can train in how to teach remotely, should the schools need to close because of coronavirus.
- Alaska Legislature approves $4 million for coronavirus preparations. State will also get $9 million from the federal government.
- A federal judge rules in favor of green groups challenging the largest Tongass timber sales. Judge did not throw case out, but will allow the Forest Service to file an additional brief.
- The state I soliciting for housing units to serve as quarantine areas for monitoring COVID-19 patients. Washington state has done similar housing areas.
All that, plus Fish Radio and the Island Messenger community bulletin. Fish Radio is provided by Laine Welch at alaskafishradio.com.