In this newscast:
- The medical union representing Kodiak nurses, physical therapists and other health care workers issues 10-day notice to strike Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, hoping to preserve earned sick leave and vacation benefits.
- School District Superintendent Larry LeDoux outlines what parents and the community can expect if the coronavirus spreads to Kodiak.
- Kodiak Island Borough School District is also releasing students early Wednesday and Thursday to train staff in remote teaching, should schools need to close down as a result of the virus.
- The Alaska Division of Insurance is barring companies it regulates from charging people from necessary COVID-19-related testing.
- Kodiak’s middle and high school drama team ranks number two in Alaska after state championships.
- The Alaska Legislature passes a citation honoring Kodiak’s Coach Joe Floyd.
- Iditarod mushers get a pleasant surprise entering the tiny town of Nikolai on Tuesday.
All that, plus Fish Radio and the Island Messenger community bulletin. Fish Radio is provided by Laine Welch at alaskafishradio.com.