In this Newscast:
- Hunker Down Order given by Kodiak Emergency Services Council late Monday afternoon. If you don’t have to go out and about, don’t.
- People who are sheltering in place or self-isolation can get things delivered such as food and pharmacy needs. The Kodiak Community Support Team was formed to have volunteers run those vital errands for seniors and others who can’t leave home. Call 800-490-7907.
- If you want to volunteer to help local residents in need right now, you can be one of the volunteers who help deliver food and medications to people who are staying at home in isolation.
- Pat Branson, the Executive Director for Seniors of Kodiak, says the senior center is open, though many of their programs and services are on hold to protect the health of all seniors and staff. The noon meal is still available as a take-out and home deliveries can be made if you call ahead. The number is 486-3181.
- The Pacific Spaceport Complex reported an “anomaly” on the launch pad Monday. This is a developing story, KMXT will have more details as they become available.
- Statewide headlines dealing with coronavirus.
All that, plus Fish Radio and the Island Messenger community bulletin. Fish Radio is provided by Laine Welch at alaskafishradio.com.