The Alaska Senate has released its version of the Fiscal Year 2015 Capital Budget, and it includes millions of dollars more for Kodiak and House District 35 projects. The big ticket items include:
• $3-million for the next phase of water and sewer replacements in Aleutian Homes and $2.6-million for replacement of the Kenai Pump House;
• $2.4-million for deferred maintenance to the Kodiak Launch Complex;
• $15-million from the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill Trustee Council money for land acquisition on Afognak Island;
• $10-million in federal funds are budgeted to pass-through the state for Kodiak and Yakutat airport improvements; and,
• $400,000 for renovations to the Kodiak Campus of the University of Alaska.
The legislature is schedule to wrap up in less than two weeks, and the Senate’s budget must be reconciled with the State House version before then, so specific items in the capital budget could change.
Senate Releases its Draft Capital Budget